Throughout the year, Baldwinsville Rod and Gun Club continually participate in events and perform club upgrades. Below you will find a list of our most significant accomplishments each year. Any upcoming projects and events can be found on the Club Calendar.
- Completed the garage expansion project. It has worked out very well. With the concrete floor it has made unloading a delivery of clay targets a much easier process. Even with 6 pallets of clay targets in the garage we have plenty of room for all our power equipment.
- Purchased archery targets and stands to improve the archery range.
- Purchased a new snow blower that is much easier to operate and still have the old one.
- We were able to send one youth, Anna Taylor, to a DEC camp.
- We awarded a scholarship to Troy Anthony. Troy will be attending Virginia Tech’s Department of Building Construction with a focus on building design that with have the least impact on the natural environment.
- Although our Gravely zero turn mower has been very dependable, we did have to make significant repairs this year.
- Completed the enclosure for our Ford tractor.
- Sent 3 club members to an NRA Range Safety Officer Certification Class held at the club in September.
- Received an order of clay targets in October that will keep us stocked well into next year.
- Repairs were made to the clubhouse roof to make it last many more years.
We started the year in good financial shape and thanks to a healthy membership and significant income from the shotgun sports we accomplished a great deal this year. Thank you to those members who volunteered their time and talents to help with these accomplishments.
- Rebuilt the sign in front of the club.
- Repaired the 50-yard berm (thank you to Randy Shute for bringing over his payloader to move dirt and stone).
- Painted bare wood and touched up outside wood.
- Installed flashing on the high skeet house.
- Put down stone in the 5-Stand Sporting Clay area.
- Power washed the outside of clubhouse.
- Completed the landscaping on the 100 yard range pipe project.
- Thanks to a generous donation from member John Vivenzio, we were able to add many interactive steel targets to our rifle/pistol range.
- Constructed a steel frame on the 230-yard range to hold more steel targets.
- Purchased archery target frames.
- We will have started an expansion of our garage which includes a concrete floor.
- We also sent Anna Taylor to DEC camp.
- Donation to the Lowville Fish & Game Club for legal defense.
- Sent Anna Taylor to DEC camp.
- Clubhouse improvements: new refrigerator, replaced entrance and kitchen floors.
- Drainage pipe, filling, grading of ditch in sporting clays area – Grouse field is once again usable.
- Internet connection and remotely-monitored security camera system.
- Handicap accessible porta-john.
- Obtained Officers and Directors insurance.
- Purchased pallet truck and Ford 841 tractor to greatly reduce labor for range maintenance.
- Two new Sporting Clays/Five Stand traps.
- Wireless release system for trap house one.
- Barrier fences for the skeet field and manual trap.